BRAIDS Pediatrics Workshop 1
1. Dr. Linda Diffey – BRAID Network
2. Dr. Laurie Harding – Insight Indigenous Anti-Racism Coaching Services
Title: Colonial Legacy and Systemic Racism in Pediatric Care
1. Identify the historic factors contributing to past and present colonial oppression and systemic racism affecting Indigenous children.
2. Describe the ongoing impact of historic policies on Indigenous children, families, and communities.
3. Examine the implications of the residential school system, the sixties scoop, and child welfare policies on the well-being of Indigenous children.
4. Explore trauma-informed care principles to address the legacy of colonial oppression in pediatric care.