Where to Eat
All in-patients will have meals provided to them. Caregivers should check with the healthcare team whether there are specific diet restrictions before bringing in outside food.
Out of Hospital
Dining options close to the Winnipeg Children’s Hospital can be found . Other options include:
1. Harvest Manitoba – a non-profit organization dedicated to nourishing our community including a food support line on their website.
2. Doorways Winnipeg – Find a list of free meals offered every day in Winnipeg.
3. Eat Free Everyday: Find a list of free meals offered every day in Winnipeg.
4. Manitoba 211: Can connect families with a large variety of programs or social services including housing, programs for children and access to food banks throughout the province of Manitoba. They offer a list of food banks and can help connect families with their closet food bank. Phone: 211
There are several
1. Ronald McDonald Family Room: Offers lunches on Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s, Thursday’s and Saturday’s. This is available to inpatient and outpatient families. Location: Yellow Deer CE320. Ronald McDonald Family Room staff can be reached at 204-787-4627 for further inquiries.
2. Children’s Hospital Food Bank – Expecting opening date: September 2023.